Summer is not just about sweltering heat, especially if you are a school student. With summer vacation going on, it was time to mix learning with a lot of fun and frolic at the summer camp.
GDGPS Gorakhpur organised Summer Camp 2016 with activities to keep children engaged during the summer vacations. We planned a mixture of indoor and outdoor activities from which children selected at least three interest areas : –
- English Communication and Personality Development
- Computer: Graphics Designing & Animation
- Maths: Vedic, Mental
- Instrumental Music: Guitar, Keyboard
- Indian Dance: Creative Bharatnatyam, Folk
- Western Dance: Creative Contemporary, Hip Hop
- Art & Craft: Best out of waste, Painting, Home Decor
- Games & Sports: Taekwondo/Skating/Cricket/Volleyball/Basketball/Badminton
Dr. Ms. Jaishree Bhargava, the Principal, said, “The formative years are very important, as children learn very quickly and also show interest in various activities. Normal pre-school education is structured classes but in hobby sessions, they get exposure to a lot of things and pick up what they like and express themselves. This would help the child in becoming more creative,” she said.